Accessibility Standard for Customer Service
Todd Brothers Contracting Limited is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
To that end we will work to ensure that all of our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by our customers while accessing our goods and services.
At Todd Brothers, we will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
While almost all of our business takes place off-site, we do welcome people with disabilities and their service animals or their support persons, on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
We will notify customers of this by posting a notice in the following location(s):
- In our office
- On our website
- Reading it over the phone if requested
In the event that there is a planned or unexpected disruption of service that is provided to a customer with a disability, we will make every effort to contact the customer by phone to inform them of the reason for the disruption, the expected length of time and a decsription of alternative service.
Todd Brothers will provide accessible customer service training to all employees who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our services.
Training will include the following …
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Todd Brothers’ plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilites who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Todd Brothers’ services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Todd Brothers provides services to customers with disabilities can provide feedback in the following way(s):
- By phone to our office
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All feedback (including complaints) will be handled by a written respone as appropriate by mail or email, or by phone or in person, within 5 working days.
Todd Brothers will notify the public that our documents related to accessible customer service are available, upon request, by posting a notice in our office and on our website
Any policy, practice or procedure of Todd Brothers Contracting Limited that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity and individual safety for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.